Abington Condominium


Board meetings are typically held quarterly at Stonehouse. At this time due to COVID-19, in-person meetings are on hold to protect the health and safety of all attendees. Please contact Howard Property Management for more information.

Property Management

Any questions or concerns can be relayed to Howard Property Management. Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8am to 6pm. Our early opening and late closing allows working individuals to contact us outside of their own work hours.  Howard Property Management will respond to emergencies when they arise through contacting main number and following the prompts.


Architectural applications, guidelines and community documents are available for viewing.  Please note that these documents are not acceptable for resale disclosure. Resale packages can be ordered by contacting Howard Property Management directly.

Assessment Information

Assessment Information

Assessments are payable monthly and the current assessment rate varies by type of unit.  To obtain information regarding your current rate, please contact Howard Property Management.  Statements reflecting the current assessment are mailed out monthly to reflect any balance owed. Statements are mailed about a week before an assessment is due.  Don’t wait for the mail! Enroll in electronic billing and your statement will be emailed to your inbox.

Please refer to your account number for all inquiries so your request is processed correctly.

Pay Condo Assessment

Pay Condo Assessment

Howard Property Management currently accepts payment of assessments via check, credit card, and ACH (automatic withdrawal). All payments forwarded to our office or via our online payment system should include your account number to properly identify your account. Your account number is located at the bottom of your statement. Please note that there is a $10 processing fee for credit card payments.

Ensure that your contact information is up to date so statements are sent to right address and so accessible during an emergency involving your unit.

Enroll in ACH

ACH Enrollment

We understand that writing a check for your HOA or Condo fee may be one of the last checks that you write. We are an authorized payee for banks if you want to automatically pay through your bank account. As an option, enroll in ACH and we will arrange for your fee to be automatically deducted from your bank account at not cost to you.

Sign up now to receive paperless statements!  Statements will be sent via email.  Late statements will be mailed.  HPM is not responsible for non-delivery of statements due to spam or junk mail settings.

Community Information

Insurance Deductible

Unit owners are covered by the association’s master policy for any damages that occur within your unit minus any betterments and improvements within the unit as well as personal belongings.  Unit owners may be responsible for the insurance deductible up to $5,000 for any damage within your unit or that damages another unit should the loss originate within your unit.

Should you experience any water damage or an issue within your unit, do not hesitate to contact our office at 410-313-8608 24 hours per day 7 days per week. Unit owners should contact Howard Property Management prior to reaching out to their own insurance provider. Our staff can mitigate any damage and manage the insurance process.

Report An Issue

Howard County Government has a website to report any county issues.  You can a downed county sign, a utility issue, alert authorities to graffiti, and countless other items.  Please note that many items within the community are condominium maintained.  Should you have a question regarding maintenance responsibility, please contact Howard Property Management.

Police Issue

Issues concerning crime or safety concerns should be reported to Howard County Police. The condominium does not deal with police matters.

Always call 911 in an emergency; non-emergencies, call 410-313-2200.

For general information: 410-313-3200 or hcpd@howardcountymd.gov

Howard Country Rental

Interested in renting out your condominium? Howard County requires a rental license. Any questions on steps for licensure can be directed to the county at 410-313-2455.

Animal Control

Pet owners should also be aware that Howard County’s leash laws apply anytime your pet is not on your private property, which means that your pet must be on a leash and under the control of the person walking it at all times.

Any violations with Animal Control policy needs to be directly reported to that agency either by phone at 410-313-2780 or via email through animalcontrol@howardcountymd.gov. Any after hours animal-related emergencies should be reported to 410-313-2929 .

Household Tips

  • Clear your dryer vents
  • Keep your thermostat set to at least 60 degrees in the winter.
  • Run your air conditioning in the summer.
  • Winterize exterior spigots by shutting off water within your unit and covering as needed. Un-drained water in pipes can freeze, which will cause pipes to burst as the ice expands.
  • If leaving home for extended trip, turn water off within unit .
  • Have your furnace or heat pump inspected.
  • Inspect your toilet regularly for any issues such as the wax ring or not secure.

Leak Prevention

  • Monitor hot water heater for leaks
  • Repair plumbing issues immediately
  • Keep kitchen appliances and all bathroom/kitchen fixtures and in good working order
  • Regularly inspect your home for any water leaks
  • If you see water, don’t ignore—explore

Home Reminders

  • Rainstorms and high winds can toss patio furniture, trash cans, and other outdoor items. Secure these item in order to protect yourself, your belongings, and the property.
  • Hot water heater: Lubricate circulating pump and motor. Check for any leaks or signs of premature aging
  • Air conditioner: Clean unit, check belt tension and adjust if needed. Replace cracked or worn belt. Check your condensate line regularly for any clogs or backups
  • Heat pump: Lubricate blower motor.

Seasonal Tips

  • Keep your thermostat set to at least 60 degrees in the winter months to prevent any freeze damage.
  • Keep your air conditioning running to circulate air within the house during the summer months.
  • If leaving home for an extended time, turn the water off within your unit.  If you are not sure how to do this, please contact the Howard Property Management office
  • Have your heat pump inspected regularly to make sure it is operating efficiently.
  • In the event of snow, be sure to clean snow off the top of your heat pump and away from the sides.


Per Howard County Fire Department, no grills shall not be stored, used or kindled on any balcony or under any overhanging portion of multi-family residences (apartments and condominiums) in Howard
County. An electric grill which does not use an alternative fuel may be approved by the Office of the Fire Marshal.

Snow Removal

The Association contracts with a provider in clearing the parking areas and sidewalks.   The Association currently has a threshold before they contact their snow provider for clearing of the common area.  The snow provider is not deployed until the snow or ice meets a threshold determined by the Association.
Residents are responsible for the clearing their parking space.   Neither the county nor the Association’s snow provider will clear any parking spaces of snow.
Be respectful of people who shovel out their own parking spaces by doing your part to shovel out your own parking space as well. Please do not reserve your parking space with chairs or any other objects. Those objects may be subject to removal.

Smoke Alarm

  • Make sure to have a smoke alarm installed in your home and keep it properly maintained and regularly replace the battery in the unit.
  • Test your smoke alarm every month.
  • Replace the unit if it is more than 10 years old.


  • Keep fireplaces clean and free of debris and flammable materials.
  • Never use flammable liquids to start a fire in your fireplace.
  • Regularly inspect chimney

Fire Prevention

  • Know what to do if a grease fire starts in a pan while cooking. The best way to stop a grease fire is to slowly slide a lid over the pan and smother the fire.
  • If you use space heaters in your home, make sure they are at least three feet away from anything that can burn. Make sure to turn off all space heaters when leaving the room or when you go to sleep.
  • If you use extension cords in your home, never run them under carpets or rugs and make sure they are free from wear and damage.
  • If you smoke or entertain smokers, make sure there are appropriately sized ash trays and all flames are extinguished.
  • If there are candles in your home, never leave them unattended and keep candles at least 12 inches from anything that can burn.

Association Lighting

The lights on the buildings are maintained by Howard Property Management. Please contact at 410-313-8608 to report any inoperable lights.

BG&E Street Lighting

Any street light outages can be reported directly to BGE.  BGE offers an online reporting system to expedite any lighting issues. All you need to do is either enter the reference address or the pole number if available.

All trash must be placed inside one of the community’s dumpsters. Close the doors of the dumpsters after use. Closing the doors has been shown to greatly reduce pest issues within communities.



BULK items are not picked up with regular trash. BULK items include discarded furniture (couches, recliners, tables), large appliances (refrigerators, ovens, tv’s), and plumbing fixtures (bathtubs, toilets, sinks) etc.


The Association pays for every time contractors are hired to remove bulk trash. These funds could otherwise go towards community projects, such as landscaping improvements.
Trash or Bulk Items left out in the common area will be removed at the owner’s expense. If you notice any residents disposing of bulk trash within the community, please remind them that there is no regular bulk trash pickup within the community and immediately report them to Howard Property Management at 410-313-8608 


Recycling materials should be placed recycling containers. Howard County will no longer accept ANY plastic bags in recycling. Items placed out for recycling, should be placed in county assigned recycling bin/cart. These bins are available through request for free by contacting Howard County at 410-313-6444. RECYCLABLES IN PLASTIC BAGS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED. The Association will bill back the responsible unit owner for any plastic bag violations.